Apostle Dr. Samuel Ofori
I am a Minister of the Gospel with The Church of Pentecost. I enjoy teaching, with a research interest in issues of Gospel and culture engagement, especially issues of Christianity and chieftaincy interaction.
I am affable, sociable and a good team player. I believe in effective teamwork for the achievement of institutional goals.
- PhD in Theology, Akrofi-Christaller Institute, Akropong-Akuapem, Ghana. My PhD thesis was on “Building Bridges Between the Asante Chieftaincy Institution and Christianity: The Religious Rituals of Asante Chieftaincy Institution and the Traditional Religious Functions of the Asante Christian Chief vis-à-vis the Christian Faith”.
- MA. In Theology (Pentecostal Studies Option), Akrofi-Christaller Institute, Akropong-Akuapem, Ghana. Dissertation Title: ‘Christianity and African Culture: A Study of Asante Funeral Rites in the light of the Gospel’.
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Association of African Pentecostals (Ghana)
- Knowledgeable in issues of engagement of Asante traditions and the Christian Faith, especially issues of chieftaincy and Christianity.
- I also have rich experience in teaching and preaching.
- Issues of Gospel and Culture engagement.
- Christianity and African Culture: The Gospel in Asante Funeral Rites’. Pentecost Press Ltd, 2014.
- ’Scripture as the hermeneutic of the Asante Chieftaincy Institution’. Journal of African Christian Thought, Vol. 21, No. 1 (June 2018) 42-50.
- Joseph Quayesi Amakye and Samuel Ofori, ‘Probity and Accountability in Ghana’s Church of Pentecost’ a paper presented at the International Conference on African Pentecostalism, 30th – 31st July, 2018 in Lagos, Nigeria.