Prof. Festus Komla Adzaku
I am a medically qualified physiologist who has been involved in teaching physiology at both the undergraduate and MPhil and Professional Membership levels in several institutions at home and abroad.
I was also the Foundation Dean of the Faculty of Basic and Biomedical Sciences of the University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) at Ho. I have research interest in Pathophysiology of sickle cell disease and has been involved in managing sickle cell patients.
- M.B., Ch.B –(UG) -June 1974
- PhD – University of London – January 1981
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Ghana Medical Association
- I have experience in teaching all aspects of Physiology to undergraduate students as well as doctors preparing for professional specialty examinations.
- I also hold outpatient clinics in sickle cell disease and in some cases at school clinics
- Pathophysiology of Sickle Cell Disease
- Clinical Neurophysiological Studies
- Lung Function Studies
- Adzaku, FK: Morphology and functions of Laryngeal Subglottic Mucosal Receptor Systems. Ph.D Thesis, 1980
- Verner Orish, et al., (2018) Plasmodium Falciparum Infection and Poor School Performance in Primary School Children in the Volta Region of Ghana, Journal of Parasitology (Accepted)
- Djankpa, F., Amoah, AGB., Adzaku, F (2018): The Vibration Perception Threshold (VPT) in the Left Limbs and Factors Affecting its variability: A Community-based Cross-Sectional Study Using a Neurothesiometer. Journal of Orthopaedic Sciences (Accepted)