Rev. Prof. Ivy Drafor Amenyah
Associate Professor of Agricultural Economics, Experienced and Certified Training Consultant, Author, Dynamic Speaker, Researcher, skilled facilitator, and Pastor. Has led inter-institutional research teams, managed research funds and research projects, been an online coach for Proposal Writing for IFPRI, and a Trainer on the African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) Team. Reviewer for several international journals and external examiner for the University of Cape Coast and Maranatha University College. Very passionate about bringing out the potential in young people and reaching out to the poor and vulnerable. A life and professional coach and uses MBTI in coaching.
As the Director of the Research, Innovation and Consultancy Centre, I am responsible for mobilising, coordinating and promoting all research activities within PUC; managing grant activities, and promoting publications for all staff.
- PhD in Agricultural Economics from the University of Ghana in collaboration with the Cornell University
- BSc and MSc from the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Bachelor of Theology from the Trinity Theological Seminary, Legon.
- Leadership Trainer from Haggai Institute of Advanced Leadership Training in Thailand, Training Resources Group (TRG) USA, and African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD).
- Certificates in Negotiation Skills, Formal Mentoring, Scientific Writing, Proposal Writing, Policy Development and Communication. MBTI Certification Training was with JvR, South Africa.
Current and Past Professional Memberships:
- International Agricultural Economists Association (IAAE)
- International Farm Management Association (IFMA)
- African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE)
- International Farming Systems Association (IFSA)
- Ghana Science Association (GSA)
- My experience spans from working as a university faculty member at University of Cape Coast, Central University, Methodist University College Ghana, and now the Director for Research, Innovation and Consultancy at Pentecost University College.
- I teach Research Methods, Project Management, and Economic Development.
- I have consulted for multinational organizations including the World Bank, FAO, GIZ and African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD).
- I am MBTI certified Leadership Training Consultant, author and pastor.
- Training and facilitation of training activities
- Leadership development for individuals and corporate bodies
- Rural-urban disparities
- Sustainable Community Development Initiatives
- Food Security at all levels.
- Principal Researcher, “Concepts for an Initiative in Ghana to Improve Farm and Household Management”. A multidisciplinary project between Cornell Institute of International Food and Agricultural Development (CIIFAD), World Vision Ghana and other stakeholders to train farmers on improved agribusiness practices. Project funded by the World Vision and Hilton Family.
- Principal Investigator, “Local Level Information Systems for Sustainable Livelihoods”: An FAO/GTZ project to investigate local level information flow and networks in Ghana. Won the funding from FAO with grant proposal.
- Principal Researcher, “Globalization, Structural Adjustment and Smallholders in Sub-Saharan Africa”: Inter-institutional project in four countries. I led the Ghana project from University of Cape Coast (UCC), involving Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), and University of Ghana (Legon), to study smallholders in three farming systems in Ghana. Project funded by the World Bank and FAO.
- Drafor, Ivy (2016). “Access to Information for Farm-Level Decision-Making” Journal of Agricultural & Food Information. Taylor and Francis Journals. Vol. 17:230-245. DOI: 10.1080/10496505.2016.1213170.
- Drafor, Ivy (2016). “A Principal Component Analysis of the Determinants of Spatial Disparity between Rural and Urban Localities of Ghana”. International Journal of Social Economics. Vol. 44 Issue: 6, pp.715-731, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSE-11-2015-0315Omane-Antwi, B. (2017). Transforming Professional Accountant’s Skills and Capabilities for a Sustainable Future, July – December 2017, Vol. 11 No. 2 PentVars Business Journal, Accra.
- Drafor, Ivy, Dagmar Kunze and Daniel Sarpong (2013). “Food Security: How Rural Ghanaian Households Respond to Food Shortages in Lean Season”. International Journal of Agricultural Management. Vol. 2(4):199-206. DOI: 10.5836/ijam/2013-04-03