All international students must have passports from their governments before they can enter the country.
Students arriving in Ghana from ECOWAS Countries are not required to obtain visas since Ghana is a member of the ECOWAS and subscribes to the protocol on free movement. Non-ECOWAS students, however, require a visa.
Residential permits (renewable annually) are processed by the International Students’ Office when International Students have fully registered. The process to attain this is as follows:
Step 1: Procure your Non-Citizen Ghana Card (NCGC)
- The application fee is $ 120
- Annual renewal of NCGC is $ 60
NB: Applicant must be present at the office of the National Identification Authority with his/her passport.
Step 2: Requirements for Resident Permit (RRP)
- A copy of student admission letter
- A copy of biodata page of passport
- A copy of the recent receipt of fees paid
- A copy of NCGC
- 1 passport size picture
- Applicants passport
Step 3: Cost of application for RRP
- Gh¢ 150 for Ecowas Countries
- Gh¢ 200 for Non-Ecowas Countries
NB: Failure to renew permits on said date will attract a penalty of Gh¢ 60 for Ecowas Countries and Gh¢ 80 for Non-Ecowas Countries