FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Answer all of your questions
You may buy an Admissions Application form from any of our campuses or visit our website http://www.pentvars.edu.gh and download a form. The cost of the form is GHc120.00 and is non-refundable. The downloaded form must be accompanied by a banker’s draft of Ghc120.00 purchased from any bank in the name of PUC Graduate School. International applicants are required to pay USD120.00 for the form.
- Attach 2 passport-sized colour photographs, 2 reference letters, an original academic transcript, a photocopied true certified copy of your first degree certificate duly endorsed by the Registrar or his/her representative and a typed personal statement clearly indicating the reasons why you wish to attend PUC Graduate School and medical clearance form a doctor from any recognized government hospital.. International students are to add a photocopy of their passports, evidence of English proficiency (for non- English speakers) as well as a Letter of Degree Equivalency from the National Accreditation Board (NAB), Ghana. All documents must be translated into English.
- Submit the completed form to any of our campuses or post them to us at the following address:
The Academic Registrar, P.O. Box CT 8938, Cantoments, Accra-Ghana.
Applicants must have:
- A first degree or
- A chartered professional qualification with working experience
In addition, for the UK based programmes, an applicant must show evidence of English Proficiency.
English results should be at least D (SSCE), C6 (WASSCE) or 6 (GCE O’Level).
Alternatively IELTS 5.5 can be used to apply. (IELTS exams are handled by the British Council, Accra).
- You may submit your application at any time during the year for provisional admission.
- Full admission takes approximately 2 months.
You may appeal , but your application form is thoroughly vetted prior to admission to ensure that it meets the minimum academic requirements.
You may only apply for one Graduate programme at a time.
A. USD 4,000 for the following University of Ghana (UG) and University of Cape Coast (UCC) affiliated programmes (2 years duration and payable in 5 installments)
- MBA Finance
- MBA Project Management
- MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA Marketing
- MBA Human Resource Management
- MCOM Taxation
- MCOM Applied Accounting
B. USD 2,000 for MA Pentecostal Studies (1 year duration and payable in 2 installments)
C. £3,000 for the following Partnership programmes with University of Salford (1 year duration and payable in 3 installments)
- MSc Management
- MSc Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Human Resource Management & Development
D. £3,200 for the following Partnership programmes with Buckinghamshire New University (BUCKS) (1 year duration and payable in 3 installments)
- MSc International Accounting and Finance
Our fees are very affordable for a Graduate degree and we believe our payment plan is very manageable.
To register you must pay your fees at the bank. Bring your pay-in slip to the Accounts Manager for a receipt and a PIN number. The PIN number allows you to register online from any location. You can print out your registration slip afterwards.
If your name is not on the list of registered students then it means you have not been registered
Inform the lecturer and ensure you get the information shared. However, attendance is part of your Interim Assessment scores of 30percent. So, you will not want to miss class too often.
Submit assignments to your class representative and/ or lecturer.
You report this absence to the Administrative Manager for further action.
Examinations and Results
Your results will be available as soon as they are approved by the Academic Board. They will be visible online for a period of time. During this time you may download it and print it out for safe keeping and future reference.
This could be an anomaly, but usually it is because you registered after the designated registration period and probably a few days before the examinations.
In the first instance you need to talk to the lecturer. If still dissatisfied, you may complete a Grade Complaint form and submit to the Academic Registrar for further action.
You may discuss it with the Administrative Manager for a possible review.
The Sign – In and Sign-Out forms are a way to ensure that the scripts are all accounted for by the invigilators and the lecturers.
You will need to get a medical excuse from a recognized government facility or the University hospital – The Pentecost Hospital, Madina. You are to submit it to the Academic Registry for further action. A supplementary examination will be given to you at the next convenient date if the absence is medically verified.
- If you are not performing well academically, you will be invited for a brief discussion with the Dean and /or the Academic Registrar. You may also receive an Academic Warning letter to encourage you to improve your grades.
- You will need to take a Re-sit Examination if you have earned a D or a lower grade.
- Students with C grades are not required or allowed to take the Re-sit Examination.
You can register for a Re-sit examination by using the Re-sit Registration form at the time the examinations are announced. These examinations are usually held in the last trimester of the 2nd year. There is a small cost recovery fee that must be paid to be eligible to write the examination. Payment can be made at any Ecobank branch and the pay-in slip submitted to the Accounts office for final processing.
- The basic requirement for graduation is that you pass all courses including Research Seminars I and II. You must also successfully defend your Long Essay.
- There is a Graduation fee which is payable after the final list of Graduands is released by the University of Ghana, our mentor university.
The normal duration of programmes is two years. Upon the expiry of the normal period for a postgraduate programme, a student who has still not been able to complete the programme may, in exceptional cases, be granted extension of study for a period not exceeding one academic year (two semester or three trimesters). There shall be no further extension of time.
You will need to pay a small fee for the attestation / transcript and the introductory letter if the latter is for non- academic purposes. If however, the introductory letter is for the purpose of collecting data for your Long Essay, it is given on a complementary basis.
We have a No change of name policy. You are admitted with the name on your first degree certificate. This is the name with which you are enrolled and will be issued on your Masters degree.
You may change your programme before you are registered, by completing for Change of Programme form available from the Academic Registry.
You may change your session once by completing a Change of Session form available at the Academic Registry. Only change your session when you have received official approval from the Dean.