The BSc. Business Administration (Accounting Option) Programme at the Pentecost University College (PUC) is offered full-time and part-time for individuals who want to enhance their careers in the field of Accountancy. The part-time is run on a weekend basis for individuals who are mostly working but want to further their education to enhance their career opportunities. The programme curricula maintain the right balance between knowledge and skills thus combining a strong conceptual base with exposure to contemporary practices and trends.
The BSc. Business Administration (Accounting Option) is designed to prepare students for various career opportunities in Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, and General Business Management. The Programme aims to achieve a level of both theoretical and practical understanding that is generally useful in an accounting environment. The course structure is designed to cover a broad range of topics, which will enable the students not only to understand Financial Accounting information but also link it to broader strategic decisions. This programme is also intended to provide a foundation on which the graduate can build an accounting career through expanded experience and/or further education.
The BSc. Business Administration (Accounting Option) programme is dedicated to promoting higher standards of competence and integrity through the provision of quality tuition for students to acquire relevant skills and knowledge at all levels and across all sectors of Accounting & Finance industry.
This programme incorporates the Internationally recognised Accounting bodies such as ACCA, CIMA and ICAG requirements of training an accountant, which emphasize; knowledge, skills, practical experience, accounting values, ethics and attitudes.
An accounting degree is often seen as a good way to enter the accounting profession. Thus students will be provided with learning skills and knowledge that are necessary for them to find a quicker path to the accounting profession.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The BSc. Business Administration (Accounting Option) degree aims to deliver an education that meets the needs of the professional accountant and business executive in the 21st century. The programme covers a broad range of business courses, with a particular focus on accounting. A key objective of the programme is to prepare students for a career in accounting and with a broad business education.
The following objectives are also considered:
- To produce graduates who have well-developed critical thinking, problem-solving skills and intellectual skills in the subject of Accounting and business education.
- To equip Students with an informed ethical framework and skills for a career in accountancy.
- To provide students with an understanding of the role of accounting in the society.
- To provide students with a range of accounting methods and techniques for evaluating and assessing the practices and theories of accounting.
- To enable students to apply their newly gained knowledge and skills at their workplaces.
- To help students to develop career plan and pursue their own professional development.