Mrs. Rebecca Davis
I am a product of the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana, where I obtained my Master of Science in Statistics and Master of Philosophy in Mathematics respectively.
My interest in Statistics and Actuarial Science started when I was studying at the undergraduate level. My undergraduate studies provided me with a solid introduction to statistics. My outstanding academic performances, active participation in academics as well as extra-curricular activities, have helped me develop strong quantitative and analytical abilities, good communication skills as well as prepared me to handle complex problems. I received an Academic-Excellence Award in my class of graduating students at UTEP with a GPA of 3.92.
- MSc. Statistics (GPA 3.92), University of Texas at El Paso, Texas, USA
- MPhil. Mathematics (Statistics and Actuarial Science Major), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Tech, Kumasi, Ghana
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Society of Actuaries (USA)
- Statistics and Actuarial Science
- Time Series and Financial Derivatives
- Vincent Kofi Dedu, Francis Tabi Oduro, Rebecca Davis, 2015, “Predicting Ideal Hedging periods for the sale of Cocoa in Ghana using Forward Contracts with Embedded VBA Applications”, Asian Research Journal of Business Management, Issue 1 (Vol.3) 2015.
- Rebecca Davis, Vincent Kofi Dedu, Freda Bonye,2014, ”Modeling and Forecasting of Gold Prices on Financial Markets”, www.aijcrnet.com/journals/Vol_4_No_3_March_2014
- Dontwi, I. K., Dedu, V. K. and Davis, R., 2010, “Application of Options in hedging of crude oil price risk”, American Journal of social and Management Sciences, ajsms.2010.1.1.67.74