Mr. Michael Wisdom K. Gyimah
I am a dynamic information management professional with local and international experience in diverse types of library information environments; proven managerial leadership skills and results-oriented attitude.
- Master of Information Science, University of South Africa (UNISA) 2011. Thesis: The use of the Library as a resource in teacher education in Botswana: Case of Tonota College of Education.
- Honours Bachelor Degree in Information Science (UNISA) 2000.
- Postgraduate Degree in Library Studies, University of Ghana, (UG)1982.Thesis: Objectives, possibilities and limitations presented by the application of microform in academic libraries in Ghana- Case of Balme Library
- Honours Bachelor Degree in Political Science, University of Ghana (UG) 1978. Thesis: The Portuguese coup of April 1974 and its effect on political developments in Southern Africa.
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Member: Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Ghana (CARLIGH)
- Associate Member: Association of Library and Information Science Educators (ALISE)USA
- Standing Conference of Eastern, Central and Southern African Librarians (SCECSAL); Executive Secretary 1988-1990
- My professional expertise is mainly in the area librarianship and information science, A professional career spanning more than 36 years mostly in managerial leadership positions in diverse library environments including:
- 2008 to date: Head Librarian, Pentecost University College, Ghana
- 1995- 2007: Head Librarian, Tonota College of Education (University of Botswana) Tonota, Botswana.
- 1991-1994: Head Bibliographic Support Division, Botswana National Library Service, Gaborone, Botswana.
- 1989-1990: Head Librarian, Mbabane City Library. Swaziland National Library Service. Swaziland
- 1986-1988: Senior Research Librarian, Swaziland National Archives, Lobamba, Swaziland
- 1982-1985: Teacher- Librarian Ondo State Central Schools Board. Akure. Nigeria
- The role of the library in higher education
- Academic library leadership
- User services and user education